Friday, April 28, 2017

And the birthday continues

Consequential to my birthday wishes write ups a friend probably wanting to sacrifice me at the altar of friendship messaged me to please give a hug to the better three fourths on her behalf and so ... ....

The thunder storms reflected the turmoil within . Tasked by a friend  with an unusual commitment to transfer a hug I had worked for 3 hours to draw up the blue print. How does one do it ?

Wracked my brain for another 2 hours to extract close encounters  of the hug kind almost two decades back and gameplan on how it could be done . More like war games actually .

Hug from the right shoulder to shoulder buddy style and a quick 'your friend gave a hug'.

Or

perhaps more like a religious hug with lots of smiles and kind words praising the lord .

This was tortuous but had to be done.

"Hello listen "The subject stopped in her tracks expecting some berating and readied self defense with a glare.

'Listen . No actually not listen . Here take this '

Arms spread out . But no reciprocation . She actually takes a martial arts defensive stance.

" What are you doing ? "

" Well ', edging more closer to envelop the being .

" WAIT ' a shocked troubled, perturbed and irked voice and irritated face in an unusual combination emerged

" Is this some trick - I am not in a mood for those lousy childlike antics . Even Virohan has give up those "

'Uh' I said , warily backing off

"What then ?"

" You know that Nandita   she wrote that a hug needs to be transferred to you ..so"

" WHAT?" I knew then when a what comes in bold and caps it is over

" Are you nuts?. You should tell her she can hug me when she meets me . Why all this electronic mail transfer "

"Yes I say meekly you are right " and back off actually relieved

"WAIT" again in bold and caps she screams

I stop in my tracks

'Why are you relieved?'

 The startling ringing  tone of a strident phone saves me and I escape .....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment